Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gawai

I can't wait to go back to the longhouse for Gawai. The family will be joining friends in Lemanak. Gawai in the city is no fun, the atmosphere is not really there. We will be taking off after church service this coming Sunday, hoping to be back on Saturday in time for relative's wedding and Sunday service. The kids love taking bath in the river. It can be dangerous though, because the current is very very swift. For longhouse kids, it has never been a problem, they are so used to it. They jump from top of trees and have good time. This was what I used to do as a kid. We were so used to things and there were no cases like asthma or other sicknesses. We were fit! One of the things I used to enjoy doing was fishing. Each time I go back to the longhouse, I never fail to go fishing. At least it brings back memories of past childhood.

1 comment:

  1. I agreed celebrating Gawai or other festivals are not quite the same as our home town.
    Here(Armadale,Australia)it is so much different, specially during Cnristmas. I missed the christmas song, it was not played in the shopping centre, only in the store that liked to play it. Otherwise, it just like ordinary day...except for the decoration, that reminded you, christmas is coming around......

    ReplyDelete